Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yard Sale in Rowan County, NC - Kennedy Hall Legion Post 106

If you live in or close Rowan County, NC (that's in the Salisbury, NC area), make plans to visit Kennedy Hall Legion Post 106 on April 18, 2009 for a big yard sale.

The Legion members have collected items for the yard sale, and they also are renting yard sale booths at 20 x 20 feet for $15. If you rent a space, then you get to keep all your own profits. The contact for space is Randy at 704-431-4169.

The guys are making and selling breakfast as well. I've heard they are thinking about sausage biscuits. They are thinking that this will be mostly a morning project, but I don't have the exact hours yet.

If it does happen to rain, they have a nice building and also a shelter, so this is rain or shine.

This was my Dad's Legion Post, and I have so many memories of the things that Kennedy Hall Legion did for the community over the years. I always loved to go see Santa Claus at the Legion and get a treat bag, and the Easter Egg hunts were the highlight of Spring. My boys enjoyed these same activities after I moved back to the area.

The group also sponsors kids for Boys and Girls State. I had the opportunity to attend Girls State through Kennedy Hall Legion, and my son went to Boys State. They also offer yearly scholarships. All four kids in my family were awarded those and also my oldest son. The younger one is still in high school.

Kennedy Hall will always hold a real special place in my heart even though my Dad died in an accident on I77. The members and families at the Legion have always made it clear that we're still "family."

If you are close, do come out. You will find great deals, nice people, and help support good causes which are especially important during lean times.

Kennedy Hall American Legion is on Highway 801 with a Salisbury address, but most people will tell you it's basically in Woodleaf, NC. You get on Highway 70 or Statesville Blvd on the stretch between Salisbury and Statesville, NC. The turn for 801 is about half way between the two towns - around 12 miles either way. You can't turn wrong on 801, because there's only one direction to turn for that road. Drive a mile or less, and Kennedy Hall Legion is on the left. It's back off the road a bit with trees. The driveway loops, and there's plenty of parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment